Author Topic: How to turn on "your" automatic forum switch  (Read 1663 times)

mi7d1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
How to turn on "your" automatic forum switch
« on: September 24, 2015, 10:08:14 PM »
Courtesy of Tha Capt originally posted January 10, 2011, 04:39:37 PM:

For those of you that are new to this forum "Welcome"  Here is a easy way to get OHPV "discussion topics of your choice" immediately sent to your personal email account.   

Now - lets pick a page and open it. The "enable" switch is located at the upper center right of "each" category page    :P

1. - General Discussion is where the most action is so I suggest you set the toggle switch to "notify". A window will pop up asking if your sure you want it to be enabled. Say Yes  ;)

2. - If you are only interested in certain topics - then toggle the switch to "unnotify" or "notify" for your interest.

Example: - I have enabled all 17 pages as I want to know what is going on  :)

So - there you go - you are now connected to the main stream of OHPV communication that will be sent automatically when you open your email account ;)

Heads up - Occasionally there will be a new category added  - be sure to enable the notify tab if you want to stay in touch regarding that topic - it's that easy.

Any questions let me know  ;D

« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:15:29 PM by mi7d1 »

mi7d1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: How to turn on "your" automatic forum switch
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 10:09:08 PM »
From rollsalong November 15, 2011, 11:20:02 PM:

You need to add one more step at the beginning:

0. - First login.  (Guests can't see the "enable" switch.)

--Al
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:15:40 PM by mi7d1 »

mi7d1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 10:09:49 PM »
From mi7d1 November 15, 2011, 11:44:13 PM:

There is another method for checking new messages and that is to point a RSS reader to http://www.ohpv.org/forums/index.php?action=.xml;type=rss It's my understanding that some readers or RSS agitator services can deliver RSS feeds to one's email address
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:16:06 PM by mi7d1 »

mi7d1

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 10:11:07 PM »
Final one from mi7d1 August 25, 2012, 12:44:56 PM:

Time to update this topic due to a misunderstanding about how it works on my part. It wouldn't surprise me if I was the only one.

When you click on the Notify button under a forum board, you will/should be notified of new thread subject post. However you will not be notified of each and every posting in that forum board.

Within the board topic section, you can see the different forum subjects. To be notified of individual forum thread updates (new postings in same thread) you need to do either one of two things:

1: Post a reply to the thread. When you reply to a post you are automatically subscribed to that particular forum thread.
    2: Click on the Notify button in the forum thread you wish to subscribe to.

To sum this up. For notifications of new subject post the Notify button under the board topic area will do. For notifications of new post in existing threads you need to subscribe to the particular thread either by posting a reply or clicking on the Notify button in the thread itself.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 10:16:31 PM by mi7d1 »

anything