Author Topic: Dirty Circles Time Trial  (Read 712 times)

vangundy

• View Profile
Dirty Circles Time Trial
« on: January 23, 2017, 11:47:43 PM »
For those of you who liked to participate in the Jack Frost Time Trial each February (I'm one of them), here is a copy of an email from the OBRA email list.
No Jack Frost this year, but another race has replaced it:

Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 12:00:54 -0800
To: "obra@list.obra.org" <obra@list.obra.org>
Subject: [OBRA Chat] Jack Frost Time Trial

Hi OBRA racers,
As you probably know, the BBC had to cancel the Jack Frost time trial, indefinitely.
The reason: Part of our course has eroded away and been closed off to the public.

Dirty Circles has stepped up to fill the gap (a time trial on Feb 26 in Woodland, WA).
​ ​
So, if you were hoping to do the Jack Frost time trial, don't worry - they have you covered with a 20k TT you can use to gauge your pre-season fitness.

You can register online here:
http://obra.org/events/25133/register
(after logging into your OBRA account)

I'd like to thank the BBC, and especially Phil Sanders for putting on this race for close to 30 years.
Thank you for supporting the team and being part of the race. We will miss you.
- Erik

vangundy

• View Profile
Re: Dirty Circles Time Trial (Jack Frost TT) postponed to March 5
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 10:11:41 PM »
Just saw this posted on the OBRA email list:  The Woodland venue isn't going to work out, so they are attempting to revive the Jack Frost TT, set now for March 5th.
Edna

Dirty Circles (Cancelled)
I have bad news about the venue at Dirty Circles in Woodland. Dike road has been damaged by ongoing heavy truck traffic from a sand and gravel operation that will be going on for the next 18 24 months (see attached photos). I was up at the site last week inspecting the road and it is overwhelming how bad it is. With the time of year and expected ongoing traffic, I don't see the county doing timely repairs within the next 5 weeks to make it safe for racing.
With the damage to the roadway, the venue is not viable for the present and near future. We'll say goodbye to this venue for good.

For the current registered racers, you will receive a refund shortly.

Jack Frost TT
With the loss of the Woodland venue, we're going do all we can to resurrect this event. I have the venue booked for Sunday March 5th, 2017 (Sunday Feb 26th is already booked by the rescheduled Vancouver Lake Half Marathon). I'm working on the WDOT and city permits right now. We have designed a new 20k course, but need get through the permitting process to be sure that it's acceptable.

Date: Sunday March 5th, 2017.
Course length: 20k (12.43 miles)
Elevation gain: 384 ft.

Online registration is currently being set up and we hope to have a flier out to you all soon. Stay tuned.