Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1
Board Announcements / May 2018 meeting minutes
« Last post by vangundy on May 18, 2018, 10:35:30 AM »
Minutes from OHPV meeting May 16, 2018

Thank you again to Pat Franz of TerraCycle, Inc. for allowing us to invade your space.

Members present:  The usual subjects/suspects; Jeff, Dave & Edna, Harvey & Barbara, Pat, Keith, Barbara & Chuck, Paul & Bev, Lonnie and Nate.

Discussion was held on various topics:

Looks like we missed the Tulip ride this year as the fields closed on May 6th.

The 1st Sunday Parkways of the year is May 20th.  “WE” will meet at RecumbentPdx at 10:00 for coffee and pastries before doing the “tour”.  Also this weekend, several people will be going to Yakima for the organized “Your Canyon For a Day” ride (Sunday) with Louie and Becky.

The Bike Every Day in May Mantra begun by Dave Van Gundy has been taken as a “CHALLENGE” by several people.  It was meant as a motivation, not a challenge.  (DVG)
 
Shirts for the Recumbent Retreat will be ordered the fist part of JUNE.  PLEASE VERIFY QUANTITY, COLOR, SIZE AND MEN OR WOMEN.  The Club is paying for these in advance so your verification is a commitment to purchase. These will be delivered/distributed in September at the Retreat.

Bike overnight to Big Eddy Park in August.  Leave on August 3rd (Friday) and return on August 5th (Sunday). Still discussing where we will leave from. Hillsboro/Banks?  Paul/Bev are going out early and will meet us Friday morning to possibly shuttle gear.  Please make your own reservations and bring all your own supplies.
http://www.co.columbia.or.us/departments/forests-parks-and-recreation-main/parks-a-locations/big-eddy-park

Portland Bureau of Transportation is looking for “bike counters”. Two hour shifts and a lot of different times/locations.  https://www.portlandoregon.gov/TRANSPORTATION/article/490280
 
Race Across America and Race Across the West are looking for officials and volunteers in June. Sign up online at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b44aaaa28a6ff2-raam  - Keith Kohan is Crew Chief for a “fast” 4 person team.

Not going to be a 3rd Saturday ride this month as various people are out of town or working.

Pedalpalooza is the month of June. There is a Lighted bike ride on June 3rd.
Time to kick off the Charge of the Light Brigade Rides! 1st Ride up - THE MAJOR STREETS RIDE! Get out your Bike Lights, don your lit up Finery and lets invade some MAJOR PORTLAND STREETS! We'll be cruising up Major Streets like Hawthorne, Powell, Foster, 82nd, Sandy, Broadway and possibly Interstate. http://www.shift2bikes.org/fun2/pedalpalooza

The Trail of the Hiawatha is celebrating 20 years.  This is the same time we will be at TOT. http://www.ridethehiawatha.com/2018-special-events

Keep riding,   
David
2
OHPV Meeting Announcements / May 2018 OHPV meeting
« Last post by vangundy on May 09, 2018, 06:11:16 PM »
Our club meeting for May will be held on Wednesday May 16th, 2018.  We will be meeting at TerraCycle again this month (thank you Pat!).
Doors open about 6:45pm, meeting begins at 7pm.

TerraCycle Inc.
5726 SE Center St
Portland, OR

Bring your ideas for programs or speakers we can get for future ohpv meetings.  We'd like to add more info and interest to our gatherings.

Hope to see you there!
Edna
3
Board Announcements / minutes from April 2018 meeting
« Last post by vangundy on April 19, 2018, 02:46:17 PM »
April 2018 meeting was held at TerraCycle. Thanks to Pat for letting us “invade and interrupt” your time and work space.

The meeting was chaired by “Madam President”,  Edna.  Present were Chuck and Barbara, Lonnie, Jacquie (& Diana),  Dave, Paul, Bev, and a new participant NATE.
 
#1, As usual, we began with the discussion of the Recumbent Retreat (RR).  It has been decided we will do shirts with the RR embroidery logo.  We have “pre-orders” for approx 25 shirts.  Discussed was how many and what color/size to order extra.  No decision made yet – we have time.  Lonnie presented several different designs for the side marking on the hats and decision was made.  Lonnie will check with Curt to determine hats approx cost and time frame. ”WE” have not decided on a color for the embroidery on the shirts.
 
#2.  A short discussion was held on the new OHPV website and the recent website meeting.  We received feedback on the survey and this will be incorporated into the website. It was decided the “Calendar” and cross posting from Facebook are important.  A separate site will be set up for pictures; i.e. Flickr or some such.  Progress is being made.  (painfully slow- editorial comment).

#3.  The Bike Portland article about the proposed budget cuts to Portland Parks (about the bike trails) was discussed.  Please give the city feed back on the continued support of these “trails”.
https://bikeportland.org/2018/04/18/springwater-esplanade-among-popular-paths-that-face-hurdles-in-parks-bureau-budget-276308

#4. Ride reports, 
Barb and Chuck drove up to near Puyallup for a ride last Sunday. Todd and Paul rode their “Fat Bikes” on the Crown Z trail.  Also, Paul and Dave met at I-205 and Springwater and rode out to Jazzy Bagel. Monster Cookie is coming up on April 29th.  No 3rd Saturday Ride this month as Jeff and Diane are in Nashville; Chuck and Barb are headed for Sacramento for TARTAR; Dave and Edna have other commitments SO everybody is on their own.

#5. Paul & Bev Heijn are working with Todd Marley to transition as the new Wagonmaster.

#6. Lonnie brought up the topic of a “Coast Tour” and the fact he will not have the time to organize this, if it were to happen.  If someone else wants to steer it, he can advise.  Further talk was of a possible “Bike Packing weekend” ride sometime this summer, to Big Eddie Campground, with possibly one vehicle to SAG our gear.  This is being further investigated.

Respectful submitted

Dave VG

4
If you like cycling or walking or running on the Eastbank Esplanade, Springwater Trail, Columbia Slough Trail or one of many others in the city, please click into and read the article on BikePortland and then follow through to include your own comments to the city, before April 30th. Budget cuts to Portland Parks could really impact the trails around the area.

The article can be found here:
https://bikeportland.org/2018/04/18/springwater-esplanade-among-popular-paths-that-face-hurdles-in-parks-bureau-budget-276308

City Budget comment page can be found here:
https://www.portlandoregon.gov/cbo/index.cfm?&c=61969

Or you can send an email to our Mayor, Ted Wheeler, from his website, found here:
https://www.portlandoregon.gov/wheeler/

Thanks everyone!
Edna

5
OHPV Meeting Announcements / OHPV April Club meeting
« Last post by vangundy on April 06, 2018, 04:24:09 PM »
Our OHPV club meeting for April will be held the third Wednesday of the month, on April 18th, 2018, at TerraCycle in Portland.

Doors open 6:45-ish with meeting starting at 7pm.  On the agenda will be updates about the OHPV - Recumbent Retreat website, 20th Anniversary Recumbent Retreat merchandise (come see some colors and touch shirt samples) and other news.

Hope to see you there!
Edna

TerraCycle Inc. -- doors open about 6:45pm
5726 SE Center St
Portland, OR
6
Board Announcements / Minutes from March 2018 meeting
« Last post by vangundy on March 22, 2018, 11:54:05 AM »
 March 2018 meeting was held the 21st, at Rose City Recumbents.  Thank you Robert & Jonathan for allowing us the use of your space and taking your time.

The meeting was chaired by “MADAM President”,  Edna.  Present were Chuck and Barbara, Keith (back from world travels), Jeff, Lonnie, Dave, Brandon, Jacquie, and Paul and Bev (our recent California transplants :-}).

#1, We began with the discussion of the Recumbent Retreat (RR).  It has been decided we will do shirts with the RR embroidery logo, and hats with the RR Logo and also 20th anniversary.  Decided on white with Emerald Green printing (20th Anniversary colors) for the hats.
 
#2.  Discussion continued on the OHPV website and was quite lively.  Progress is being made!!!! Part of the discussion was “Landing Page” and “Navigator” bar.    Jacquie brought in pages showing what the landing page (OHPV.Org) will look like.  Brandon opened a discussion on some technical concerns. 
-  One website domain or two
-  Navigation elements (side bars and differing menus)
-  Fonts usage (because the originals from Jacquie did not contain "good" fonts to purpose)
The decision is to "solve the technical" so that the independent sections of the site could work as designed.  Brandon and Jacquie will work together to find and resolve the issues.  A design committee meeting is forthcoming.
Jacquie noted content is still needed (Logos, History)
Brandon will continue to mock up site with proper fonting.

#3. It was discussed if we want to continue the insurance for the RR.  Because of possible liabilities should an accident occur, it was decided to continue with insurance.  Next year we will increase registration fee to help cover this cost.

#4.  The OHPV Club will make an additional donation to the “Friends of the Gorge” along with the funds donated by various individuals last year.

#5.  Todd M. has stated that he would like to “transition” out as Wagonmaster.  A possible replacement has been found and is being investigated.
 
#6.  Discussed if we want to set up a table/booth in the Sunday Parkways ride.  The discussion was regarding if we get any benefits.  Decided most recumbent people already know of OHPV and the Recumbent Retreat.  Decided not to set up a booth, just participate by riding.

#7.  Still working on a new OHPV logo.  Brandon presented some ideas.  To be continued…

Respectfully submitted,
Dave Van Gundy
7
OHPV Meeting Announcements / March 2018 OHPV Meeting
« Last post by vangundy on March 12, 2018, 09:07:36 PM »
Hi all,

This month's OHPV meeting will be Wednesday March 21st, at Rose City Recumbents (SE 37th & Powell).
Doors open about 6:45, meeting starts at 7pm.  We would like to make a decision about the design to use for the 20th Anniversary Recumbent Retreat.  If you have an idea and haven't told anyone about it, this is the meeting to attend.

Hope to see you there!
Edna
8
OHPV General Discussion Area / Easy Racers Survey
« Last post by vangundy on February 24, 2018, 10:49:51 PM »
Forwarding note from Craig Calfee, from another recumbent site - ----

          Easy Racers Survey

I am in negotiations to buy Easy Racers, Inc.  We are located 5 miles from each other and I knew Gardner Martin.  I am friends with several former employees and have designed and built a number of recumbents.  I need your help in determining what the next steps for this brand should be.  Please take this survey even if you don't ride an Easy Racer.  And feel free to forward the link on to any friends that ride recumbents or are thinking of buying a recumbent bike or trike. 
-Thanks!

Craig Calfee
www.CalfeeDesign.com

Link to survey:  https://tinyurl.com/ycoum3sx
9
Board Announcements / Minutes February 2018
« Last post by vangundy on February 23, 2018, 06:59:44 PM »
February 2018  meeting was held the 21st, at TerraCycle. Thank you Pat, for allowing us the use of your space.
The meeting was “CHAIRED” by Lonnie M. as Edna was out of town.  Present were Harvey and Barb, Chuck and Barbara, Pat F., and Dave.

It was a short meeting however (comma) a certain amount of business was conducted.

#1, We began with a discussion of the OHPV website.  Progress is being made. Part of the discussion was which level of “WORD PRESS” we wanted to purchase. Basic level is 6 gig at a cost of $48.00 per year.  Premium level is 13 gig with advance design customization and lots of space for audio and video at a cost of $96.00 per year.  It was decided we would let Brandon and Jacquie make the decision on which to purchase.

#2.  Recumbent Retreat (RR)   We discussed “SHIRTS for the 20th year.  No decision was made except that the final design and yes/no decision will be made at the next meeting as that will give us time to order, etc. It was decided we will order 24 hats (12 white/12 blue). Same style as last year.  They will be embroidered with the RR logo and a type of 20th year denotation either on the front/back/side.

#2A. It was briefly discussed if we want to continue the insurance for the RR.  This was “TABLED” and will be further investigated.

#2B,  Pat Franz will set up the locations for the Treasure Hunt then give the information to one of us that is going to the retreat early.

#2C. It was discussed if we want to try to include the www.ocrailriders.com  during the RR Weekend.  While this would be a fun thing to do, the amount of time required (within the RR weekend) is probably not available.  Possibly we could do this on an alternate date before of after the Retreat.

#3.  The Biking About Architecture: Woodstock edition is Feb 24th,  meeting at 45th and Division at 11:00 am at Stumptown Coffee, Portland.  This will be a bike tour of the Woodstock neighborhood.
Info found on Shift to Bikes calendar:  http://www.shift2bikes.org/cal/view3week.php#24-6780

#4.  Various ride reports:  Not a lot of riding being done due to the weather.

#5.  Todd M. has stated that he would like to “transition” out as Wagonmaster.  Think about a replacement person.

Respectfully submitted,

Dave Van Gundy
10
OHPV Meeting Announcements / OHPV Meeting February 21, 2018
« Last post by vangundy on February 12, 2018, 03:15:06 PM »
Our OHPV club meeting for February will be held the third Wednesday of the month, on Feb 21st, 2018, at TerraCycle in Portland.

Doors open 6:45-ish with meeting starting at 7pm.  On the agenda will be updates about the OHPV - Recumbent Retreat website, 20th Anniversary Recumbent Retreat merchandise, and other news.

Hope to see you there!
Edna

TerraCycle Inc. -- doors open about 6:45pm
5726 SE Center St
Portland, OR
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
anything